The B. I. and Lucille Cohen Institute for Public Opinion Research is a university institute that combines the academic development of survey theory and methodology with the conduct of independent public opinion surveys of the highest scientific quality. The Institute is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences and works in cooperation with the Statistics Laboratory at Tel Aviv University.
The goals of the Institute
- To conduct surveys for researchers from academic institutions and public organizations;
- To develop a program of periodical public opinion surveys on issues of public interest to Israeli society;
- To create databases to trace long-term trends in Israeli public opinion;
- To conduct experiments in survey methodology in order to develop and contribute to the quality of public opinion research in Israel;
- To conduct methodological workshops on topics related to the collection and analysis of survey data.